We are selling Earthships within the Greater World Community in Taos, New Mexico, USA.
You can visit and buy Earthships via New Mexico Mountain Properties, visit their website to contact them for prices, showings, etc..
The Earthships we have for sale are Global Model Earthships, with these features:
- 1.8 KW of solar panels
- (6) Surette 4V batteries
- Outback 3.5KW true sine wave inverter
- (4) 1700 gallon cisterns, 6400 total water storage capacity
- 2 solar water collectors
- 60 gallon solar hot water storage tank
- Solar heated roof collection
- (5) Ventilation tubes
- (2) Convection skylights
- Operable Velux windows
- Gray water interior planters
- Optional gray or fresh water flush toilets
- Exterior contained sewage treatment system
Practical features of these Earthships:
- Built-in closets in every bedroom
- Washer and dryer hook-up
- Propane range
- DC solar powered refrigerator
- High efficiency lighting throughout
- WiFi available from Taos Net
- Small fenced yard for pets
Aesthetic Features of some Earthships:
- Beautiful Southwestern vigas in main living space
- Natural adobe mud plaster throughout
- Flagstone entry and hallway through greenhouse
- Custom bottle brick work in main living space and master bedroom
- Glass tile backsplash above kitchen counter and cabinets
The Earthship Greater World Community is a welcoming community founded with sustainable concepts and the following objectives:
* To reduce the economic and institutional barriers between humans and their habitat.
* To reverse the overall negative effect that conventional human housing has on this planet.
* To create a less stressful plane of existence for humans in an effort to reduce the stress that they in turn place on the planet and each other.
* To interface economics and ecology in a way that immediately and tangibly affects current pressing problems with life on earth.
* To provide a direction for those who want to live in peace with each other and their environment.
* To empower individuals with the unarguable forces of nature as opposed to incapacitating them with the smothering forces of politics and bureaucracy.
* To find & distribute the appropriate soil from which the flower of humanity can blossom.
* To evolve humanity into an earthen harmony already exemplified by more evolved structures such as plants, animals and water.
The Greater World Earthship Community is the world’s largest off-grid, legal subdivision. The community sits on 630 acres just 15 minutes northwest of Taos, New Mexico.
The community is platted for 130 homes. Community members own their land, fee simple. There are approximately 60 homes in the community at the present time. Members own lots which vary in size from .75 acres to 3 acres. More than half of the total land is owned in common. This 347 acre “green belt” is never to be built upon.
The community is exclusively Earthship homes. There is a Board of Directors who enforce the Land User’s Code.
Annual dues for the community are currently $150 for road maintenance and the community improvement fund. Property taxes are assessed by Taos County.