Earthship Biotecture is building the SECOND self sufficient public school in Latin America...
Will you be part of the adventure?
Earthship School Project
Mar Chiquita, Argentina
March 1-28, 2018
We are pleased to present our fifth Earthship Academy Global Session. The Earthship Academy offers extensive training in Earthship design principles, construction methods and philosophy. The Earthship Academy has trained over 1500 students from around the world. The Academy offers education for those who are excited to learn and expand the Earthship concept globally.
We will teach hands-on building techniques and Earthship design and systems classes while constructing a large Global Model Earthship that will be used as an elementary school for 100 local children.
Michael Reynolds will teach in the field and in the classroom along with 10 Earthship Academy instructors from Taos. Classes will be taught in English and Spanish. This session counts towards one of the three requirements for graduation from the Earthship Academy.
There will be free camping available near the site with other inexpensive housing options nearby. Students are responsible for their own transportation.
Tuition for the course is $2550 USD for non-Latin American residents and $1550 USD for residents of South American, Central America and Mexico. (You need a national identification card from a Latin American country for this price.)
We request a $550 deposit to reserve your space. We will send you a PayPal invoice for your remaining balance. Balances are due before the start of the project.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION BELOW AND RETURN TO firstname.lastname@example.org LIMITED SPOTS
Partial list of Academy classes:
- History and Evolution of the Earthship Concept
- Thermal/Solar Heating and Cooling
- Building with Natural and Recycled Materials
- Water Harvesting, Storage and Filtration
- Contained Sewage Treatment
- Basics of Electricity
- Solar and Wind Electric Systems in Earthships
- Food Production in Earthships
- How to Read Earthship Construction Drawings
- Project Planning and Staging
- Sustainable Retrofit for Conventional Homes
- The Owner/Builder Earthship Experience
- Earthship Finishing Options and Techniques
- Earthship Village Ecologies, Test Sites and Colonies
- Disaster Relief and Humanitarian Projects